A travel mobility scooter – what do you know about it? If you are the lucky one who doesn’t have any problems with walking, neither you have friends or relatives who are struggling with it, then you, maybe, will never know what it is. However, if you have temporary problems with moving, because you have a strong pain in your foot or leg, or because you are suffering from some disease and your mobility is limited, then, you might need to buy travel mobility scooter.
However, a travel mobility scooter isn`t a universal product. When can you use it? Are there cases when a wheelchair is a preferred option?
- You might find the travel mobility scooter NZ very useful if your mobility is limited, but you still can walk. For example, going shopping or sightseeing is perfect with a scooter if you cannot walk for long distances.
- If you use somebody`s assistance for those breaks when your scooter cannot be used: for example, to go in a car, public transport and so on. In other words, if there is somebody who can help you to move when the scooter isn`t available.
And you are recommended to use a wheelchair if you cannot walk and there is nobody to help you.
“Why should I select a travel mobility scooter if there is this old good option available: a wheelchair?”, you might be wondering. No, nobody is telling you what to use. However, scooters have a number of advantages, and some of them are rather relevant: See more at TravelScoot NZ
- They are much lighter than any wheelchair.
- They give you options: you can select either a 3 or 4-wheeled scooter, depending on your condition. 3-wheeled scooters are preferred by those people who are in a good shape but have walking problems, while 4-wheeled scooters are preferred by those who need a more stable vehicle.
- They are more stylish. You understand that when riding a scooter, you are looking cooler than when you are in a wheelchair. For an adult that might be not so important, however, for a child or a teenager that might be of major importance.
Important note: when you are selecting between a 3 and a 4-wheeled scooter, don’t rely on this feature only. The scooter stability depends on its width, as well. A wide 3-wheeled scooter will be more stable and reliable than a narrow 4-wheeled one. And it will be definitely much lighter. As well, before buying, test if you can handle the weight of the selected scooter. Just lift it. Can you do it? If yes, try to get it out of a car. Is it possible to handle alone? If yes and you like the option, you can purchase it.
Where to buy a travel mobility scooter in NZ? TravelScoot is one of the shops that offer a huge variety of scooters. There you can find whatever you might wish: different designs, colors, adjustable seats, and some of the vehicles are equipped with shopping carts! And all of them have appropriate certifications.
This small though smooth vehicle can be a great option for a person of any age. It not only improves the quality of life but provides you with many more options to live a variable and independent life. For more details, check it out at: http://travelscootnz.co.nz/